- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Opening: Making Futures School
30. August | 17:00 – 19:00
Beschreibung der Veranstaltenden
Between August 30 – September 15, 2019, a school for the future of spatial practice – understanding architecture as being both a collective form and a resource – will open in the heart of Berlin, initiated by the Making Futures Bauhaus+ action research project. Departing from the 2019 Bauhaus anniversary, Making Futures School will initiate a host of different trajectories, oriented towards exploring new forms of productive cooperation, exchange, solidarity and living.
After a series of short-term action-led research activities in Berlin, Istanbul, Palermo and Oberweissbach and echoing the project’s focus on taking care of the dynamics of a place, Making Futures School will embed within, engage and confront itself with a Berlin site that is undergoing its own radical process of transformation: Haus der Statistik near Alexanderplatz. Empty since 2008, this DDR-constructed behemoth now the host of a series of pioneer initiatives, of which the School is one, where civic and public actors collaborate at eye-level to collectively invent its future.
- Anne Kathrin Bohle, BMI Staatsekretärin für Stadtentwicklung, Wohnen und Bauwesen
- Prof Dr. Norbert Palz, Erster Vizepräsident Universität der Künste Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Gengnagel, Institutsleiter Architektur und Städtebau, Universität der Künste Berlin
- Andrea Hofmann, Frau Gerstenberg, ZUsammenKUNFT Berlin eG